Monday, October 11, 2010

Mi Pelo IV





As I was walking down one of the main streets to my hotel in Guadalajara, Mexico, a guy rode by on a bike and made a sharp u-turn on the sidewalk. He stopped in front of me and asked if I was a Rasta. I told him no. It didn't take me long to figure out he was fascinated with my hair because he kept staring at it.

He pretended to be interested in where I was from, my name, etc. Eventually, he got to the point. He wanted to know about my hair. I told him they were locs. He asked to touch them. I pretended not to understand his Spanish request. Fed up, I guess, he reached out and grabbed a front loc, molested it ever so lightly, softly said, "Bonita" and rode off.
Loose or loc'd, my African hair continues to fascinate. Banana with dreadlocks

Mi Pelo III
Mi Pelo II
Mi Pelo

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger DianeN said...

Nice story, its funny to see how much people are fascinated and amazed by our type of hair while most of we black females deny it...
How is it going in guadalajara so far?

12:53 PM  
Blogger liveletlive said...

LOL I know i would've been a little pissed but atleast he said bonita.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Tanjanica said...

Bonita!!!! Alright now!

8:43 AM  
Blogger The Black Planeteer said...

Diane, I'm sorry I missed your comments, but Guadalajara was very nice. The street food was amazing!! I ate lots. The sights and people were fab, too. I definitely recommend it as a place to visit.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home