Saturday, March 07, 2009

Siempre - For Me, Always



As I was sitting and waiting for my food at a local neighborhood restaurant in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, a nice young man walked by and began talking to me in lilting Spanish. He held up several Cokes he was carrying and kept talking. "No, gracias," I replied. He continued on his way to the back of the restaurant. When he came back, he plopped ½ a glass of Coke in front of me; his treat. I said a surprised thank you and he smiled sweetly at me and sat amongst his friends to eat his lunch. He would smile at me occasionally as he ate. His friends began teasing him.

As I was leaving, I said, "Muchas gracias por la bebida." He nodded smoothly and said quietly, "Para ti, siempre." I melted.
For me, always.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Chizzy D said...

love the hair

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading/following your page.Please keep it coming. Cheers!

2:11 AM  
Blogger caribbelle said...

now that was smooth lol

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Kay said...

Wow. How romantic!

8:07 PM  
Blogger S Alini said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home