Friday, June 19, 2009

Beach Musings




I'm baking on a beach early on a Saturday morning in Acapulco watching a group of boys play a lively, if furious, game of beach soccer. The breeze coming from the ocean feels magnificent!

All too often I am accosted by vendors selling cruises, hats, shell jewelry, chains, sand pails, pastries, sunglasses, scarves, juices, you name it. The rest of the time, I am bothered by men whistling, calling out "Morena!", or attempting to talk to me in Spanish, which I pretend not to understand. Then they try in broken English, which I also pretend not to understand. Mean of me, I know, but I just want to sun, journal, and daydream on the sand before my flight leaves in 6 hours.



Leaving the Beach

It was so HOT. (Check out the tan.) Luckily, I had this sarong with me to protect me from the rays. Why men must've thought this was extra-sexy?? They were tryin' to holla for REAL while I thought I looked prudish as all get-out.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there!

Gurl, the scarf look is really chic on you!! For some reason, every woman can't rock a scarf!

I see why you were getting some major "cover girl" attention!!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Oneika said...

Looking amazing girl!!! Totally recalling Mary J. in the "Not gon' cry" video... Hot!!

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

I appreciate the labor you have put in developing this blog. Nice and informative.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Greg Gross said...

Love your blog, love your travels. Don't stop. I've added you to my blogroll. Keep on going!

G.
"I'm Black and I Travel!"

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Lowaunz said...

Really enjoyed visiting your travel blog. I love the things you love, very cool to journal our life as it is so short & precious. Live,Love, Laugh, Give, Enjoy Life to the fullest! Use your senses to experience the true & simple elements of LIFE. Blessings for a peaceful holiday...
Lowaunz~~

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opulently I assent to but I contemplate the post should acquire more info then it has.

12:27 AM  
Blogger The Black Planeteer said...

LOL! Thanks, Oswald Bates for the above.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats up dude

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home