Tuesday, February 12, 2008

La Cascada (The Waterfall)

I am sitting here by the waterfall in Yelapa, Mexico trying to chronicle the last few days of my trip, but it's proving to be a most difficult task. It's so beautiful and peaceful and...untouched here that I simply want to sit, look around, and marvel.

Reclining with my back against a rock, my puff cushioning the back of my head, I close my eyes and listen to the dual sounds of the water trickling down the waterfall & the water pooling below. I think about the nature CD, noise machine, and electronic rock garden I have at home that are supposed to resemble these very sounds to lull me to sleep during nights of insomnia. How about I just come here to sleep?


While the waterfall is for my pleasure, it's a laundromat for the people of Yelapa. Women set up chairs and baskets of clothing to wash. Later, you'll find the clothes swinging in the breeze on outdoor clotheslines to dry. No washer or dryer needed. The simplicity of life here is as refreshing as the waterfall.


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Oneika said...

I look forward to hearing from you chica!!! I never had the chance to make it to Yelapa. It is close to Puerto Vallarta, right?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Leila Daily said...

you look radiant! gorgeous

8:59 PM  
Blogger The Black Planeteer said...

Yes, Yelapa's close to PV, Oneika.

Thank you so much, Black Girl!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Wow! wonderful pictures.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home