Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Pig Pen


On one of my first nights here, I was in the shower and happened to look down. To my surprise & dismay, the water was all brown! "Ewwww!" I thought. "They got bad pipes in Spain!" (My thoughts don't have to be grammatically correct.) So I looked up at the water coming out of the showerhead. It was clear as a bell. As it turned out, what was going down the drain was good ol' fashioned dirt & it was coming from me. Ain' been this dirty since I was a kid.

Since then, I've measured the productivity of my day by this. My days are jam-packed with activity and it shows. Beginning at 8:00 AM 'til at least 10 PM, I am on the move, walking an average of 7 - 10 miles per day. The only 2 days I wasn't so "productive" was the time spent in Nerja where the beach was my refuge and relaxation. Other days you could've referred to me as Charlie Brown's Pig Pen, as the dust and grit of the city was all over me after exploring it from top to bottom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanjanica said...

LOL!!!

12:17 AM  
Blogger curlykidz said...

LOL... that's definitely a way to measure productivity!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Travelin' Chef said...

I just love your blog. Makes me want to do Spain all over again.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

Came across your blog and read this entry! It made me laugh so hard! What an apt title and good for you that you're getting so much out of your time in Spain!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home