Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Just Chillin'


It's a nice, pleasant Tuesay evening and I'm sitting here on the plaza in front of the Cathedral in Sevilla. It's 10:30 PM & I've just walked the route I'll take to get to the bus stop in the morning in order to get to the train station so I can be on my way to Córdoba.

As usual, young and old alike are milling about. Mopeds are noisily roaring by and horse carriages are clip-clopping along. Overhead, birds are circling & squawk-chirping. All of these sights & sounds are the #1 reason I didn't bring a headset with me. I wanted to indulge my senses in all of the sights and sounds of the country. It's nice to sit and wallow in the night-time goings on of Spanish culture. I am delighted. This is exactly what I've always dreamed of doing; wandering through the streets of Spain soaking up the culture and the language.

"Why Spain?" everyone would ask. Well, I've been interested in the language ever since I received a Lil' T. Tuff Spanish coloring book in the 2nd grade. It was my first exposure to another language. I've been fascinated ever since.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely know what you mean about being called "negrita" and morena". I studied abroad in Spain and fell in love (Sevilla). In fact, now i work as a consultant for the embassy of spain. keep up that spanish!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Estas en Espana?? Que celosa soy! Soy maestra de espanol pero nunca viaje' afuera de los Estados Unidos. Desafortunamente, soy pobre! *LOL* Buen viaje!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home