Sunday, July 23, 2006

French Kiss


As I hiked happily alone down the Rock of Gibraltar, I ran into a nice, young man and asked him the way to the bus stop so I could cross the border back into Spain. He told me I could wait where he was waiting for a bus or continue walking down into the city via the Castle Steps. I'd come this far, so I decided to keep walking.

Halfway down, I heard footsteps behind me. As it turned out, cute, French Hierom wanted to walk with me, so we walked & talked until we got to the border. He even waited patiently at the border crossing while I searched for my passport and again while I purchased my bus ticket to Sevilla. As we parted, we took a picture, then he gave me the infamous French kiss goodbye.

Wow, my first real French kiss! hotels in norfolk (BTW, that's a kiss on each cheek versus the tongued-out version common with Americans.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha! I was wondering about that French kiss. Hope you had a good time in Spain!

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, he's a cutie. I'd kiss him, too!

10:53 PM  
Blogger curlykidz said...

LOL... one of our major suppliers for our Airbus fleet is based in France (of course)... several of the support personnel are French or from other European countries... I love having them visit if for nothing else than that French kiss at the greeting!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! I too was wondering about that French kiss! Sounds like you had a great trip!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

What a sweetheart to walk with you. I loved reading this post...small kindnesses just really touch my heart.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Anya Posh said...

aww...cutie!!!! I wondered about the tongue-in-mouth-with-total-stranger ...lol.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home