Sunday, July 23, 2006

French Kiss


As I hiked happily alone down the Rock of Gibraltar, I ran into a nice, young man and asked him the way to the bus stop so I could cross the border back into Spain. He told me I could wait where he was waiting for a bus or continue walking down into the city via the Castle Steps. I'd come this far, so I decided to keep walking.

Halfway down, I heard footsteps behind me. As it turned out, cute, French Hierom wanted to walk with me, so we walked & talked until we got to the border. He even waited patiently at the border crossing while I searched for my passport and again while I purchased my bus ticket to Sevilla. As we parted, we took a picture, then he gave me the infamous French kiss goodbye.

Wow, my first real French kiss! hotels in norfolk (BTW, that's a kiss on each cheek versus the tongued-out version common with Americans.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Caymanian said...

ha ha! I was wondering about that French kiss. Hope you had a good time in Spain!

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Dee-Dee said...

Wow, he's a cutie. I'd kiss him, too!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Cyndi & Crew said...

LOL... one of our major suppliers for our Airbus fleet is based in France (of course)... several of the support personnel are French or from other European countries... I love having them visit if for nothing else than that French kiss at the greeting!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Ebony3 said...

Whoa! I too was wondering about that French kiss! Sounds like you had a great trip!

1:28 PM  
Blogger rcknrobin said...

ha! funny...traveling anytime soon! I'm itching to get out of the country!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

What a sweetheart to walk with you. I loved reading this post...small kindnesses just really touch my heart.

7:47 AM  
Blogger AnyaPosh said...

aww...cutie!!!! I wondered about the tongue-in-mouth-with-total-stranger ...lol.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home