Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sunset in Mazatlán, Mexico


I'd read from online reviews about the wonderful sunset views from my hotel, so after walking the Malecón in the late afternoon, I hightailed it back to my room to get ready for the show. It was difficult not to stop at all of the interesting sights along the way, i.e. Diablo Cueva (Devil's Cave), but I made it just in time.

Once in the room, I pulled a chair onto the balcony, repositioning it until I got the perfect view, readied my camera, and waited for the magical event. Suddenly, the sky was awash in shades of bright orange and pale pinks, yellows, and blues. Slowly, the sun appeared to sink until it was sitting on top of the water. After bobbing in place for a while, it shrank to the size of a tennis ball. I continued to stare in silent awe until there was nothing left but rainbow layers of yellow, pink, orange, and blue hovering above the rippling ocean.

There is no greater artist than nature.


Progression:


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger justme said...

I love your blog, it encourages me to want to travel! How did you get to mexico so fast? How is it?

I will be moving to italy soon so i am telling myself i will use every opportunity to travel

1:53 PM  
Blogger Eclectic Soul said...

That's a beautiful picture! I'm currently in India, and I took a couple of sunset pictures this week also. You can read my blog here: eclectic1soul.blogspot.com.

I saw your travel blog link on np.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Beautiful sunset

4:34 AM  
Blogger The Black Planeteer said...

Justme - I went to Mexico months later after Italy. You're going to have a blast when you move there. So lucky!

Thanks for the compliments on the sunset shot Electic Soul and Felicity.

8:27 PM  
Blogger KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

What was the name of the hotel?

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home