Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Pantheon by Night


It's 9pm and I am on the steps of the Pantheon, erected in 125 AD. I saw it yesterday afternoon, but there's a surreal magic sitting here as its formidable presence glows in the dark of night. Across from where I sit looms an ancient obelisk, brought from the Egyptian Temple of Ra. The fountains at the bottom, are high enough to block my view of the McDonald's behind it, its running waters tranquilizing me, allowing me the pleasure of imagining this place as it was thousands of years ago.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Tanjanica said...

Ahh yes...Italia! You're going to love Italy. Takes lots of pictures when you go to St. Mark's Square. I plan to relive it through your pictures.

7:46 AM  
Blogger matt williams said...

I happy that you have deceided to take us on another journey. I can't wait to read upcoming posts.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Nikita T. Mitchell said...

isn't it amazing how pretty places are in Europe at night??

6:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope that you will share your thoughts via your blog again!

peace, Villager

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. Your blog is so inspirataional.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe its 'Parthenon'

7:40 PM  
Blogger The Black Planeteer said...

You're thinking about the Parthenon, which is in Greece. Google "Pantheon" to learn more about it.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home