Sunday, July 16, 2006

Rolls Off My Tongue Like Honey


While walking & reading, I almost ran into this little old lady. "¡Lo siento, Señora!" was my immediate response. I find myself doing that more and more; responding in Spanish first. I guess when English isn´t an option, you have no choice.

I'm beginning to understand spoken Spanish better, too. It sounds crisper and clearer to me here than in the US. I look forward to picking up my study of the language when I get back. I need to be fluent by my next trip, which will include northern Spain and Portugal. Wanna join me?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wanna come Black Girl! Can I? Where you at?

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! My Spanish is a little rusty, but I pick up languages very quickly. Soooo...when are we leaving?

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure!!!!!!! I would love to. Getting execrise in, experiencing different food, while learning about other cultural. Now that's what i call fun.~ ~nappcatcher~

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home