Monday, July 03, 2006

¿Habla Usted Español?

"Solo un poco, pero yo estoy aprendiendo." Ha! How you like me now!

As I'm preparing for my trip, I've been brushing up on my Spanish. I took 1.5 years in college and to quote Meatloaf, "It's all coming back to me now." As is common when learning a new language, I understand its written form much better than its spoken form. For that reason, I have been listening to Spanish language CDs in order to familiarize myself with the pronunciations and rhythm of the language. All this preparation must be working since I dreamed in Spanish last night. I was gonna try out my new skills with the Spanish-speaking girl at the checkout register last night, but chickened out. I'll try again today and let you know what happened.

I'll also take a handy dandy little phrase book that I picked up at my local library. It covers everything from everyday phrases and colloquialisms to eating out and health. Between my good-hearted attempts and cuteness, communication will be a breeze. for me, ya'll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home